Whole-body vibrations are mechanical vibrations that enter the human body in the frequency of 0.1 to 80 Hz.
Whole-body vibrations is caused by workplace machines and vehicles and can be transmitted to the human body through the seat or floor. Exposure is particularly common in industries such as transportation, construction, agriculture and more. Large shocks and jolts may cause health risks such as back-pain. The risks increase with higher vibration magnitudes and prolonged exposure times.
The effective way to prevent whole-body vibration risk at work is through the identification of vibration sources by measurement. Employers must take action to prevent risk from exposure to vibration.
Ten benefits of managing vibration:
- Protects employees, improves health and safety and prevents new cases of HAV or WBV
- Enables the duration and extent of exposure to vibration to be limited
- Facilitates new or alternative working methods and/or equipment that eliminate or reduce exposure
- Facilities increased trust in the employer for taking action
- Helps employees to be more involved in managing their own health and safety risks and therefore more engaged
- Facilities employee training
- Improves productivity and quality of work
- Increases plan or machinery uptime
- Extends machine life and reduces maintenance costs
- Brings significant financial benefits, including reduced management time, operating and insurance costs
At AcSoft we supply a range of vibration monitoring equipment. Our mission is to provide you with solutions for health and safety monitoring that will save you both time and money.